Saturday, December 8, 2012

My First Longchamp

Posted by Uheartmevs at 2:25 PM
Why every girls gone gaga over Long champ? I was wondering why? Because to me it really looks ordinary, plain and very simple plus I can spot a lot of fake le pliage bags everywhere.

So out of curiosity I have googled on them and found out a lot of pros for this bag plus it really looks so preppy yet rugged  to wear. 

Personally, I am not into tote since I am not blessed vertically so I think having a large bag on me might oversize my petite figure. But, whenever I scan some of girls wearing them it really looks fab on them not totally classy like going into a cocktail party yet not that trashy just useful enough for an everyday tote.

I was confuse  in picking which Longchamp to choose:

Longchamp Le Pliage in cyclamen- Photos not Mine Credit to Owner



Photos not Mine Credit to Owner

The first one is the Long champ le Pliage. As you see, this kind has a lot of colors to offer, from neutral black, navy and chocolate to girly colors of hot pink, mauve and red.  For me, this is good for school girls because it is a tote bag which means large and at the same time will give you a girl-ish feel. As for me, I fell in love with hot pink instantly which I must say gave me and equivalent of 101 reasons to buy this hot item.

The second bag is the Longchamp planetes:



Photos not Mine Credit to Owner
The Longchamp planetes really looks so classy. This bag looks so damn fine, but in reference to my personality I am the typical kind of girl who belongs to 85% of female's population who is freaking over pink and things that shine! but I guess those days were over, I am aiming for class than becoming too girly at times. However, this kind of bag is a bit expensive than the le Pliage, not foldable yet its material is thicker than the le pliage.

Size
 Long champ tote bags both the le Pliage and Planetes have various sizes; for the le pliage they have 4 sizes available, extra large (travel tote), large, medium and small and for planetes they have large and medium. For longchamp le pliage measurements feel free to check this site and for the Planetes, check this

Handle 
Both the le Pliage and planetes have two kinds of handle to choose from; Long and Short handle. Well if you go for comfort, I would say go for the long handle especially if you tend to use it as an everyday bag. If you want to go for a chic look, definitely a short handle is the top pick. It looks sexy and pa sosyal!

The Verdict
Finally, December 2, 2012 I have purchased my very first but not the last Longchamp le Pliage tote. 
When folded (with flash)

Without flash

When laid flat



Unfortunately, there is no planetes available in the Designer Alley Boutique, the shop where I bought my le Pliage thus I ended up with my le Pliage. I have fallen in love with its colors, this one looks like fuchsia but they said its in deep red, whatever it is I am delighted that I have it now. I chose medium size because this one is roomy enough for carrying a lot of things but not too big to overwhelm my size and since I am no longer in school and not yet working therefore I will not be using this bag everyday so I chose the short handle. This bag is meant for totting around the mall or an event. However, this bag doesn't have lots of compartment so all your things will end up shrinking at the bottom and it will look a bit saggy if you put a lot of things on it.

Long top from: Frou Frou Clothing
Peplum skirt from: Passion for Fashion
This is my first ever longchamp bag, my first tote bag and my first hand bag (errr, because I'm a huge fan of slings bags) and I definitely love it and absolutely will be coming back for more. How about yours, what do you think is your favorite bag ever?





2 comments:

Carla on December 12, 2012 at 1:05 AM said...

cute! i have a few pieces in different colors.. altho i don't use them often since i'm not a big fan of tote bags too. My mom just buys them for me. but i've started using them recently.
i love your floral dress and peplum skirt!


xo, Carla
misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com
ps. please join my Ana Jeffrey giveaway! details on my blog!

Uheartmevs on December 12, 2012 at 5:28 PM said...

Hi Carla, I love that I bought this. I mean just bought this to give this a try and never regretted buying it and I envy you because you do have lots of collections of Longchamp. By the way, you have a gorgeous blog, I followed you I do hope you can follow back. Thanks

xx

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog, feel free to leave some comments and I am more than happy to answer all of them.
Link your blog and let's follow each other.
Mevs <3

 

Sweet Confessions by UheartMevs Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos