Thursday, April 11, 2013

Mac Show Orchid

Posted by Uheartmevs at 9:52 PM
I've been quite obsessed with pink lipsticks lately, in fact all of my last purchases were all pink- from pale to bright pinks. Maybe because, the color really suits for my age and it isn't that heavy to wear all through  day to night. Well, a girl could never go wrong with pink right?

Last February, I made an online shopping for my new Mac lippies. I bought Viva Glam Nicki Minaj and Show Orchid and both of the lipsticks are in bold pink. Honestly, I prefer bold lipsticks than nudes and subtle pinks. I find them boring and hard to pull off since I have morena skin, it is not noticeable when you wear it. I don't want to be a head turner so I just apply a small coat of the lipsticks and tada! I'm all good to go.



I'm very giddy to try Show Orchid and tell you it was love at first swipe! This is my favorite Mac lipstick I have so far, and my most favorite pink lipstick.






Show Orchid has an amplified creme finish. To tell you honestly I really don't know what it means, this is something I have yet to find out. 

One word- showstopper! That is how I describe this gorgeous lipstick. It is a vibrant fuchsia pink with an incredibly subtle sheen. It is indeed highly pigmented and to tell you one swipe is enough. Lasting power is very impressive, I can actually wear it whole day without the need of reapplication. And of course, it still has its Mac's signature vanilla scent which I actually like.

The good thing about this is that this shade is good to sport all year round however, personally this one will totally rock on summer! It's so vibrant and playful and regardless of the skin tone, this one is not that hard to pull off compared to other pink lipsticks I have owned.

SWATCH:

Image credit to rightful owner.

FOTD:

I'm sorry the photo is taken only by my iPhone, forgive if it's blurry and the shade looks red but I swear its pink in person.

Rating:

9.5/10.  I almost want to give this one a 10 but because it's quite expensive so I just give it a 9.5 instead.

Will I purchase it again? Absolutely! 

If you are a fan of bold, pink lipstick like me this one must be on top of your bucket list. It's a beautiful and very buildable color.

Where to buy:
Mac Show Orchid
Php 880, ES_Online

So what do you think of this lipstick? Do you also love this shade as much as I do?


2 comments:

Salome Matsaberidze on February 3, 2015 at 8:37 PM said...

Love this lipstick I have it and i really enjoy wearing it .. Mac lipsticks are my favorite at the moment
check out my blog

https://thefashionsateen.wordpress.com/

UheartMevs on November 18, 2015 at 12:25 PM said...

Hi Ms. Salome, Show Orchid is one the prettiest lipstick I got. Thanks for dropping by my blog.. xx You have an amazing blog.

Post a Comment

Thank you for dropping by my blog, feel free to leave some comments and I am more than happy to answer all of them.
Link your blog and let's follow each other.
Mevs <3

 

Sweet Confessions by UheartMevs Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos